As parents, you’ll never stop worrying about your kids – even when they’ve reached adulthood. For many parents and caregivers, it’s important for their peace of mind, and for the safety of their children, that they know where their children are, who they are with, what they are doing, and when they will be home. At The Vine, our utmost priority is providing a safe and harm-free environment in which our community of youth and young adults can grow together in Jesus. This article outlines everything you may need and want to know as a parent of youth and young adults who are attending The Vine.
- The Vine is strictly an alcohol, smoking and drug free event. Any attendees carrying alcohol, cigarettes, or drugs will have such materials confiscated and destroyed indefinitely.
- All leaders and volunteers at The Vine 18 years of age and older are required to hold a valid Blue Card.
- At least one registered nurse will be available at all times from 4:30pm until 9:30pm before and after each event if any medical-related incidents take place.
- Our Worship Program commences at 5pm on May 27, and we encourage attendees to arrive at 4:45pm so they don’t miss any part of the program.
- As you drive up Hughes Rd East, our friendly parking team will direct you to where you can park. We have heaps of youth and young adults who will be available between the carpark and the Performing Arts Centre – so nobody will be left without someone to connect with.
- Our worship program involves energising and inspiring praise and worship, videos, and interactive talks from passionate speakers.
- As an interdenominational event, we respect all individual and denomination-based beliefs. Our mission is to break down the barriers separating many of our youth and young adults; to foster a community of young people so passionate in their united love for Jesus that they go into the world and reflect this love in their own spheres of influence. As such, our speakers focus on teaching the fundamental messages of the Gospel in a way that is both practical and relevant to our young people.
- We hope to foster a community of young people who come together for their united love for Jesus, so we don’t discuss denomination-specific beliefs.
- We provide free dinner to all attendees of The Vine—we do not force donations either. All dinner provided at The Vine is funded by Refresh Community Church, based at Northpine Christian College.
- Attendees have access to as much as they can eat, and as much water as they can drink.
- The Vine Cafè will also operate during dinner and will sell a full range of hot beverages, cans of drinks, sweets and savouries, and other food items. All proceeds from The Vine Cafè go directly into supporting The Vine and our local community.
- Zones will operate between 7pm and 9pm, and include sports in the Indoor Multipurpose Centre; a movie in the Performing Arts Centre; a “Chill Zone” for those who want to sit and chat, play cards, or get out some board games; and a place for attendees to connect with the speaker.
- All facilities are completely safe and are managed and supervised by our Zone Division Leaders.
- The Vine’s programs end at 9pm, at which time our pack up crews will begin restoring the facilities to their former states. As such, we ask all attendees to leave around 9pm if possible. The Vine’s leaders will not leave, however, until every attendee has found a way home.
Get in Touch
If you have any questions or concerns about The Vine, please give contact us using the form below. We’re here to answer any of your questions!